Saturday, January 16, 2010

Booking It

Great find today on Melrose Place - a store called LEAD APRON, they deal with rare and out of print fashion, photography and art books. The space they are in is so gorgeous, between that and all the fantastic books I wanted to get my hands on, I could have just moved in!

If you are in Los Angeles its a must!



 

We also checked out the new ASSOULINE   store down the street which was a major source of fashion book inspiration - the Chanel set of books was spectacular. It's interesting as it's located inside the restaurant BASTIDE. Strange concept I know, but somehow it works. Director Joe Pytka owns it and it's his unique vision that made it happen. We didn't get a chance to eat at Bastide, but I did see the menu and I am going back next time we are up there.

  

 

 

Assouline in photos above. Bastide in photos below.





 

 

Bastide and Assouline photos via LA Weekly




1 comment:

valncami said...

Cindy! Thanks so much for the info! I am definitely going to check out Lead Apron:) I have been looking for some books out of print on ebay and can't find them.
XX
Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...