Saturday, January 23, 2010

Who Wore It Better?

I was loving this Gryphon trench coat the minute I saw it on Sea of Shoes Blogger, Jane Aldridge. Its a design that Jane and her mom Judy (Atlantis Home blog) designed for Gryphon and I was eagerly awaiting its arrival in stores or on line.

From the flared sleeves to the awesome belt with pouch, every detail looked so perfect and cool.

Shopbop is now selling it and I have to say - I am not sold on it now.  This may be a simple case of, its all how you wear something..  Jane looks great in it, but seeing the pics on shopbop it didn't really do it for me...    Maybe the rain here all week is clouding my thinking....

One thing is for sure, Jane Aldridge has awesome style!



Jane in Seventeen Magazine wearing the Gyrphon Trench taht she and her Mom, Judy designed.





 

 

photos via shopbop -

Gryphon, The Aldridge Trench $875

6 comments:

jasmine said...

Agreed, it looked so great on Jane (well, what doesn't?) but on the Shopbop model, I changed my mind as well. Maybe it's just me, but I hate the way Shopbop models look. It's not their actual faces, but more their expressions, outfits, hair- yuck.

Karen Keith said...

I normally love the way Shopbop styles their looks but they really let themselves down with this one. What a shame. It does look lovely on Jane though.

xo, Alexi said...

huh. i like them on jane aldridge much better!
http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

Heather said...

Hmmmm I have to say I like the look better with bare legs. And the little belt purse is too cute!

WASHMACH said...

THE TRENCH IS BEAUTIFUL ANYWAYS. JANE ALDRIGE HAS A UNIQUE STYLE! SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS, AND SHE ALWAYS KNOWS HOW TO COMBINE CLOTHES WITH AN SPECIAL FASHION TASTE.
WM.

WWW.WASHMACH.COM

Unknown said...

The whole point of the coat is the sleeves! Shopbops' turning them up on the back photo was a poor styling call --- like what is she going to do, dishes or something??
chicstreet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...