Friday, December 4, 2009

Goldmine At a Sample Sale

Had so little time this week I decided I could hit only one sample sale. So Graham and Spencer won. For one they opened at 8 AM, for two there were 2 specific pieces I had been lusting after but had not purchased, and three they were on my way to LA, where everything else I needed to do for work opened at 10 AM.

So my plan was to get there at 7:30 AM, be one of the first 10 in the door (I was 20th as other people had the same idea and did not mind getting up early for this sale) rush straight to the Graham and Spencer area, (they also had a HUGE selection of Velvet which took up most of the floor) and bee line for the leather and faux fur.

Strategy paid off!  I found 2 pieces I was looking for, plus 2 more that were great buys! Everything was about 1/4 (yes you read that right) of the retail price so I was stoked! I was in and out in less than 15 minutes flat with awesome stuff - thats the key to sample sales - research the line ahead of time, arrive early, have a plan and stick to it. Oh yeah - and maybe also have a $$ budget in mind.... ugh.



Here's what I scored:

Brown washed leather vest $110,  faux fur vest + the jacket $135 ea and gray washed leather vest $110

1 comment:

Rackk and Ruin said...

great choices!!! I'd kill for that first vest! Just thought i'd let you know that i just listed a necklace i think you might like. . . you had mentioned liking the one i was wearing in the "goats" post. . . this one has a smaller version of the claw charm (i bought them both from an antique dealer in maine this past summer) x x molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...